Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Addison's First Grade Trip to Fort Macon

Just last year I went on a field trip with my first grader, Olivia, on a class field trip to Fort Macon.  This year I have another first grader, Addison.  It is a pleasure to spend time with our children and is a very special privilege to have one-on-one time with them.  We began with a talk about the Fort and the Civil War.

The Bus Arrives and we get organized


Addison is ready to get started

Lecture about the Civil War and the Gun was loud!
After the lecture about the civil war there was a lecture about sea turtles. This is Jonathan sitting next to her. He is Addison's favorite person (except for her family of course - or maybe - we will hold on to that anyway.  You will see him a lot.




Exploring the Fort on our own


"Riding" a civil war canon.


After a time of looking around the fort and shopping in the gift shop for a souvenir, the class left and headed back to school.  Addison and I looked around the fort and the museum a little more on our own.





Next, we went home. I love Addison and I love spending time with her.  I would not trade it for anything.  These moments will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment