Emily Grace and I decided to spend the morning at the beach. One of Emily's vacation requests was clear water swimming. We tested the promised clear waters at Siesta Key. We arrived at the beach and had no trouble parking and found great facilities.
We were a little surprised to find that when we reached the white sand that we still had a 7 or so minute walk to the water's edge.
I was the youngest child in my family. I have fond memories of those last 3 or 4 vacations where it was just me. I constantly had those memories in my mind with hopes that Emily would hold similar memories for the rest of her life.
Either way, we had us a time this morning. We swam, frolicked, talked, and played. And, as one might expect, we came out of the experience knowing one another better, having shared this time.
I can't speak to the success or failure of providing Emily with memories of a lifetime but I can say with complete certainty that it was a time that I shall never forget. My little girl is becoming a beautiful woman and the days can move quickly - but for this one day, I experienced it to the full. I am thankful to God for Emily Grace and for this day.
Siesta Key is beautiful and we shared the beach with many. We found that the water was clear. You could easily see your feet and many fish we shared our swim with.
Just a great day at the beach!







No comments:
Post a Comment