Sunday, November 22, 2015

Class of 1995

So this is Megan's 20th high school reunion this weekend. The idea was to make a weekend of it but that didn't really work out. As it turns out, it was all for the best; the only thing we really missed was the Friday night football game and according to others we didn't miss anything.

It turned out that the 4H camp that Megan worked at and attended as a young person was having a celebration weekend. We went straight there. The girls had a blast. We all did. 

We got to experience a large part of Megan's life that we had not yet experienced. She enjoyed showing us the camp and we enjoyed getting to know it.

It was a fun experience for us all.

There was bluegrass:


And horses:




And food:


And crafts:


Face paint:


Hayrides:



We explored the camp:





Then we went canoeing. There is so much that could have gone wrong here, but alas it was a lot of fun and a great experience for everyone.






After the 4H Center we went to Megan's High School friends house and then to Liz Bugess house. Next, the girls went to a kids night out while Megan and I went to the reunion.



This was the big moment. Megan got to see many friends that she had not seen since high school. She was in her element. 

It was interesting to me to see some of the people who shaped the world of the love of my life even before I ever knew her.  Needless to say, some of these influences were overwhelmingly positive and some every bit as negative but still I like the person that it has all made her.

I didn't interact so much, I didn't really know anyone except the most beautiful and most radiant person in the room. I thought again and again throughout this day how lucky I am. The princess of the ball loves me - you can't get much more fortunate than that.

I love my wife, I love everything about her. I love the way she encourages our family to do new things and how it stretches us to share experiences that most people only dream about.  I love the way that she includes all of us in almost every facet of her life.  I love the way that she is moved with compassion for all of her old friends -even those whom she has not often seen. We experienced Megan in all of these ways on this day. It was her class reunion but we are all richer for it.

Without any doubt these are the ramblings of blessed man with a blessed family.  Lets hear it for Megan and the entire Class of 1995!


No comments:

Post a Comment