Wednesday, July 19, 2017

A Miracle at Atalaya

Atalaya is castle of sorts that was built by the Archer and Anna Hyatt Huntington and we have been there many times.  The girls remember this place and were not all that excited about going there again but away we went anyway.

Truth be known this vacation has not gotten off to a great start for me - mostly because of a very uncertain future and fearing things that I should not fear.  This vacation is the thinnest one that we have ever taken and all of this had kinda gotten me down.

Somehow, whether it was just the time that God chose to show up and speak into my spirit, or something else about this place, I really began to finally embrace this time together as a family.  I sensed an assurance that God was with us and He could and should be trusted.

It wasn't just me and I may be wrong but I believe that Megan felt some of the same things. The girls loved being at this place and we had a great time as a family.  Not sure what all was at work but I believe it was a stab of joy and a subtle reassurance that He is with us and will never leave us alone.

So, we toured the castle:




Olivia found two rocks that were meant to be found while exploring Adalya


Photos in the courtyard









Atalaya was built right on the beach




After the tour of the castle and the beach in front of it we went across the parking lot for some refreshment,



When we got home we decided to try out this appliance and it worked quite well.




Finally, tonight we went to the beach.  We found that the sea turtles had not yet hatched


Megan and I set up shop.  The seat to the left is mine.


Olivia caught two live crabs and they were mostly still living when they were released.





Emily Grace brought Megan and I many shells each and then tried her hand at the boogie board.



Addison spent much of the night teaching her sister how to surf the waves.



God painted this picture in the sky behind us and these smiles are for real.  I love this lady and I look forward to many great days ahead with her and our family.


Another great day on vacation

No comments:

Post a Comment