Friday, July 20, 2012

An Occasion to Celebrate

Several friends and family have asked why we would plan a trip to central Florida in late July and early August. The obvious answer, of course, is that we want to maximize the heat and humidity.

Another reason is that Emily, being 14 months old, will grow quite a lot in awareness for every month that we wait to attend.

None of that is the main reason, however. The real reason that we are going when we are is that we have an occasion to celebrate. By the time we leave for vacation Megan will have completed her Master's degree!

It has been two years in the making and a long process. She has done it all while taking awesome care of our family and being the best wife that a guy could ever dream about. We have added Emily Grace to our family during this process as well as getting Olivia into elementary school and seeing Addison graduate from preschool. She has secured a new job at the elementary school that serves the community that we live in. All of this while coaching the girl's soccer team, serving in the preschool area of our church on Sundays and serving as a game director in the elementary department on Wednesdays.

If all goes well by the time we leave on this vacation that I am blogging she will be finished; and so we CELEBRATE! Megan Davis is awesome and I am so proud of her. Words can not express how much I love her and how proud I am that she is my wife and the mother of my children. I really do love her big; and that's about all I have to say about that.

1 comment:

  1. I know that woman! I deliver furniture to her house sometimes.

    ReplyDelete