Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Love the Ones Your With (Reprise)

Today began like the previous two. We took Megan to her conference and went to breakfast.

Where to go next had been debated in my mind for much of the morning but finally we ended up here:



We hated that Megan would not join us for this expedition but it is the way it had to be. Also kids are free at The Biltmore Estate this summer, so it was kinda like four for the price of one.


The girls were real troopers on the tour.  Much of the time they were genuinely interested. There were many photo ops but mostly I carried Emily Grace - didn't think of that ahead of time.  

I did get this photo of the girls taking in this great view from the back porch.


Olivia really wanted to see the outside gardens.  I think Emily Grace was pouting about something (I didn't notice it until I looked back at the pictures).


Last year when we went to Charleston South Carolina I made a post entitled "love the ones you with." Go back and look at it. In that article I talked about wanting to go see historic places and historic things in Charleston but instead the girls preferred to play in the fountains in the center of the city. I said then, that one day they would appreciate history. Just one year later I can tell that they have more interest in these type of things - they toured the house and had fun - they even asked a lot of questions. But, in the end they are still young girls and these animals and the playground were the highlight for them. So, I loved the animals and the playground too, and I still love the ones I'm with!





This is the essence of my girls


You don't see many see-saws these days, I wonder why.



A sandbox and beach toys!  I'm home.

After the playground we were off to pick up Megan. The conference was over. We left right away for Pigeon Forge and our vacation house.

It was a beautiful drive and we happened across the Busch's Baked Bean Factory. We took the tour of the new factory museum. We loved it!



The bottom photo was given to each of our girls for free.  They were very nice. My family doesn't buy Busch's Baked Beans, but we might now.

Finally we arrived at our vacation house.


Then to dinner with Bubba Gump.




The girl's splurge for the day was these lighted glasses. 

Back to the house - grocery store - and sleep.  We are all set and Megan is with us on vacation full-time!


Yep, I'll love the ones I'm with! I desire to do no other.  I love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment