Thursday, July 14, 2016

Disney Studios and Fantasmic

We began the day at Disney Studios with The Voyage of the Little Mermaid








 Toy Story Ride was next.  Newly Expanded by Disney this ride gives us some challenges as a five person family.  Ultimately on this ride - Emily sat in Megan's lap and worked the controls beside Addison.  Olivia rode with me.  Way to take one for the team Ma.  Also, Megan did not have to make any excuses as to why her score was less than mine - worked out all around.



Not sure whats up with this picture - It may be that the camera already had 3D glasses on,



Before you know it we were taking pictures and were suddenly invaded by Storm Troopers.



Olivia likes stormtroopers - Emily is not so sure


Off to the Path of the Jedi



This is our crew about to watch the Path of Jedi.  It was mostly clips from the early Star Wars Movies but that is ok because our kids and all of the other kids in the theatre had no idea.


Here is me and ma.


A quick stop at the Muppet Show (Gonzo in fountain)



We ate at Moma Melrose mostly because it was part of the Fantasmic Package.  This means that lunch includes reserved seating for Fantasmic. This saves us a good hour in line later tonight.



The food, however, was very good.  This was my steak.


Megan's Shrimp


Addison's Spaghetti


Then this spaghetti cupcake arrived for each of the girls. It was a big deal in their world.






After lunch we went home and played in the pool.  We played a lot.



This is the girls making a homemade waterslide from the hot tube to the pool.






Emily has been trying to swim for a while.  I think she is just about to get it.


At night we went back and those who wanted to, went to Tower of Terror, while everyone else went back to the Star Wars Ride.

This is the Star Wars Team



Addison and the one who took this picture conquered the Tower of Terror in the background.


I say it every time - but I love the feel of this park.  The 1940s-1950s architecture makes me feel like I was born too late.





While waiting for the show the ponchos came out for the first time - fortunately the rain was short lived on this evening and relatively light.



Alright, no one else cares about this stuff so scroll on down if you want.  I do not begrudge anyone the opportunity to make money, I love capitalism so when I see great examples of it I like to point these out. Below you will see Olivia eating my popcorn.  What you can't see is the big Pop Secret Logo on the front of the popcorn box.  With it, I purchase a Coke, again with coke prominately displayed on the product.  Now, from reading it several places I have found that Coke provides all drinks to Disney World for free. Yep, you heard me - free. Now I haven't read what the details of the Pop Secret agreement are but I would have to assume that it is something similar.  Assume the agreement is the same.  That would mean that I paid $7.50 for a product that cost Disney an estimated $.04 to $.08 for cup, straw, and lid, and popcorn box (cup and box could also be comped for advertising value but lets assume they are not).  Granted this does not include labor but do the math and you will find that the profit is - well, A LOT!  And, I waited in line a while to hand over my money.  Way to go guys! I admire you!


To the big Show - Fantasmic







A great day! A long day!

1 comment:

  1. From personal experience, I have reasons to believe your prowess at video games and pin ball is greatly exaggerated and that Megan probably does not need all that many excuses regarding her score... Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete