Thursday, July 21, 2016

Goodbye to Magic Kingdom

Today was a last minute 'oh we have one more day on our tickets" kind of  day. Late last night we realized this and I (Megan) got on the great Disney Experience App and got to work. We had ridden/experienced everything at Magic Kingdom...all but Space Mountain. I need to share that we have kind of created a roller coaster monster with Emily Grace. She is no longer good with seeing a show or two and riding a 'baby' ride. She wants lean, mean, hard core roller coasters. She and I came up with strategy early on..."if your scared scream through it!' its been fun and she mentions this to me a few times a day. Well back to Space Mountain and MK- she hadn't ridden it yet and had heard Addison mention how much fun it was. So on the app I got to it late last night and I was able to score Fastpasses for all 5 of us. Next comes the "so what else can we get done"  With that being said we also knew that today we would probably say goodbye to the Magic Kingdom.  So We began our day on the Jungle Cruise which was fun as Addison likes finding Hidden Mickey's and she is our navigator with it.

On a side note of what is known here as "pixie dust. " We actually misplaced our Hidden Mickey book. We checked the strollers and Joe went back to a exhibit to check on it. Well when we went back to Epcot last night I went to Guest Services and asked if they had seen it as it had Olivia's Duffy bear coloring fan with it. The cast member was so nice and gave us a voucher for a new one. Now, let me say, I was going to buy another one. Meaning we lost it...and our girls were disappointed, we were not going to do with out. But it was EXTREMELY nice of the cast member to give us a new one. Here is picture of the voucher- just one of the many reasons WDW rocks.





We then headed over to the Magic Carpets...and Emily Grace stated very clearly afterwards that it was boring...yep, no longer is she willing to ride simple rides...

After that we headed over to the Hall of Presidents. It was so cool to see different articles of history. Our two big girls were enthralled with the movie and President presentation. Neither moved a muscle and were so in to the entire thing! It made this mama proud! Here are GWB inaugural boots-how cool!



We stopped off at Gaston's again for a little (BIG) snack and a little rest. It was oooh so good! We were then off to Space Mountain. To say Emily Grace loved it...is an understatement. She screamed and held my hand a little but absolutely loved it! Olivia is becoming more timid with rides but doesn't want to be shown up by her baby sister so she does it just to say she can. It was an all 5 family ride by the Davis'.


Below is the chandelier above our table while at Gaston's. I thought it was pretty cool...way to big for our dining room...but impressive!



Here is a RARE picture of the girls and I....I had to bribe all three but I got a picture. Love these girls and the memories we've made over the last few weeks. I was sharing with Joe and I hope that they will be able to think back to our summers together not just on vacation but of "our summers." It's one of my favorite things about my job. I get to be a mom and really invest in my girls during the summer. 


We headed home back to get a 45 minute rest and then to get ready for Aquatica. It is Seaworld's water park. Traffic was awful...I mean we waited 35 minutes to turn left...awful. Have I mentioned the only male in our family isn't the most patient with traffic. Anyways, I put in a new movie for the girls and we waited and waited...yeah and then we waited. We FINALLY got there and a storm was fast approaching. This was great for us...because hundreds of people were leaving and we stuck it out. We got our locker, ice cream and waited under an umbrella. We were so glad we did! The girls had a BLAST!







It was another great day! It's funny how a day that was never really planned, worked out to be one of the BEST this vacation! Tomorrow is our last day...and to be honest I've been dreading it for a day or two. I have to fight the depression that I get thinking about heading home and not being at Disney. A friend texted me the other day and asked "are you tired of the mouse yet?' HA! While I'm sure I don't want to go to DISNEY everyday...I could go every other day. There is something magical about being with my family uninterrupted, non distracted, and unworried about the days to come. Magical indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment