Thursday, July 17, 2014

Happy Birthday

Today is my birthday. We began the day at Animal Kingdom.  We got a late start so we missed our fast pass for the Festival of the Lion King.  We still wanted to see this show so we got in place to wait - all together about a hour long process.  It was a good show and none of us were disappointed.

I wore this until the first Disney employee told me happy birthday, which was at the parking booth before we ever reached the park.


After the Lion King we went to ride Expedition Everest again.  Next, we were going to go home prior to my birthday dinner.  We got out of the park and got ready to head home - one problem.  I forgot my hat, not just any hat, this was by far the most expensive item in my wardrobe. So, I made the walk back from our parking space to Expedition Everest, a good three miles I think - Megan thinks I exaggerate but we all know that I do not. Amazingly, they did have my hat and I got it back. Now it is worth more to me given the personal investment that I made to retain it.
 

 

 


With all of that time wasted, we had to go directly to dinner which was at the Hoop Dee Doo Review.  We got there early since I had used all of time that it would have taken to go back home for rest time.  It did give us some time to look through the stables.






Megan got us seats only a week or so ago.  Somehow, we still ended up stage-side, she is gifted in working with plans and reservations.  It was a great show and a great meal and the girls loved it too. It was the birthday fairy's last hurrah and it was awesome.




There was a lot of good things to say about Hoop Dee Doo Review but this corn bread was the star of the show.  It was the best.

Twirling the towels.

Enthralled by the show


Strawberry Short Cake

 
Our stage-side table.

 

We came straight home so that it would be the first night that we  arrived home prior to our normal bedtime since we have been on vacation. It was a happy birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment