Sunday, July 13, 2014

Oasis in the Kingdom

Today we went back to Magic Kingdom.  There was a lot of riding rides but then at lunch we moved the operation to Tom Sawyer Island. We had a picnic and some time in the shade.





I've said it many time on this blog and I am sure I will say it again, but you never know when a moment will happen. It turns out that there was a checker set near the dock on Tom Sawyer Island. Olivia was very interested in learning the game.  She watched with great interest and we were able to play, if only for a few minutes.  Time to dust off the old checker set at home.


So this is the deal, I know you must be thinking how stylish I look in my hat and you'd be right - but there is a back story.  The Florida summer sun is intense but not really a problem (especially at Disney) because you are never in the sun for long stretches of time.  A day at Sea World, however, left me with a burned scalp.  What's up with that? This didn't use to happen.



 
 The island has its own play area.
 




We went home for lunch and some time in the pool and then rest time.





The evening brought more rides, of course, but the main goals had to do with the Electric Light Parade and Wishes.




A long day at the Magic Kingdom - But still good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment