Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Birthday Moment

We consider vacations to be family time. It marks the time for our family and we experience growth. We consider the time to be important. When we have two consecutive weeks in the same location, however, it gives us the opportunity to invite more family and friends to share our vacation experience and still reserve a significant amount of time for our immediate family. This trip Pop Pop and Nana took us up on the invitation to join us for a time. They arrived this morning and will be with us for a couple of days - we are glad to have them.

 

We had arranged a UTV tour for this morning. At the last moment Nana and Pop Pop decided to join us for the tour. The girls were very excited - we all were.

 
We had taken this tour before and it was a lot of fun - this time was something different. Last time was basically a ride through the woods - we expected that again. We did go through the woods but ended up on a beach on an island open only to us in that moment. It was amazing!
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

We drove up and down the beach, we ran in the surf, we saw way more wildlife than you ever see on a public beach. Olivia chased sea gulls and pelicans out over the surf. We laughed together a lot. In short; it was a moment.
 
I have blogged about this before but you can't plan a moment, they just happen. The only way that you can have family moments is to be with your family and then be open to life. Some times will be happy, some will be stressful, and some will be horrible, and some will reflect everything in between; but then when you least expect it - a moment happens and you smile so big that it comes from your insides.

Today we had a moment. I'm glad I shared it with my family and I'm glad it happened on my birthday.

 

After this great morning we retuned home for lunch.

Here Emily Grace sports one of my birthday presents. This is not just any hat it has a lifetime warranty and I love it - but not near as much as I love the lady who bought it for me. Megan Davis is the best thing to ever happen to me and I love here more than anything.

She played the birthday fairy who brought me a gift every day for the week leading up to my birthday. This KISS Pez was another gift that the birthday fairy brought - the candy, however, did not survive the day.

After the girls went for a swim and Emily got a little nap We went out to a birthday dinner - thanks to Nana and Pop Pop. It was great and I am lucky to have in-laws like them.

We returned home for Pizza Ice Cream cake.

It was a great birthday and I realize now more than ever before how blessed I am am to have a God and a family that is crazy about me - and I am crazy about them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment