Friday, July 19, 2013

Do Alligators Sweat?

So, I rarely listen to the weather - on vacation or at home. Today I happened to listen just long enough to hear that today was going to be the hottest day of the year so far and the most humid day of the year so so far - both on the same day. And with that, we set out on our day.

Today, despite the heat we decided to go to Alligator Adventure with Pop Pop and Nana. Our girls love animals - and that's just the way it is.

 

There were alligators everywhere.

 
 
Pop Pop with an extra load to carry.
 

 

We took a break from the heat.

 
 
 

 

 
Nana shows everyone more gators.
 

 

Addison in place where we might see her in the future, unless her interests change.

 

 

Quack quack!

 

 

Wow touching a real Alligator!

 

 

Addison had hopes from the beginning of seeing alligator eggs. These had just been discovered and were being moved so that they could be properly incubated.

 

 

We left Alligator Adventure just in time to have a quick lunch at Hamburger Joe's.

Nana, Pop Pop, Olivia, Addison and I went to this show. Very professional for a magic show but there were too many boxes (every act began with some form of box). The girls did really love it though.

 

 

 

 

Then it was home for a quick dip in the pool. Next, Megan and I (well mostly Megan) got the girls bathed and in pajamas so that she and I could see the Carolina Opry.

 

 

It was a great show and I want to give everyone a chance and the benefit of the doubt but I do have to say this show really, really misses Steve Sifford. Oh yea, they also need to bring back fountain drinks.

More than any that though, I spent a great evening with my wife - just us, and it was a thrill. It was one of my birthday presents and I loved it - mostly because I love spending time with Megan. I have heard all the jokes but I need to say, I enjoy my wife's company and I desire to be with her more than anyone else I know. I love her a lot - and that's about all I have to say about that.

So closes another great day on vacation.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment